Thursday, August 18, 2011

Quotes for Papa...

I've been trying to send some quotes from the kids to Christian throughout the week to give him his "Martin and Olivia fix".

I'll share some here too. Just copying them from my emails to him...

OH! I have to tell you about last night. I had to laugh so much. I was down here in the living room and it was pretty late, around 11 PM. All of a sudden I could hear Martin running around upstairs looking for me. Then he came running down hysterically crying. When he got here to the living room he was kind of screaming in terror. I asked him, "WHAT IS IT!!!??" and was holding him and hugging him. He said, "THERE IS A FROG IN MY ROOM!!! SCHNELL!!!" (Fast!!) Then he jumped out of my lap and screamed and ran to the living room door and closed it and ran back to me. "I NOT WANT THIS FROG COMES HERE! IT HOPS IN MY ROOM MAMA!!!!" I tried to tell him that it was probably these play frogs that Grandpa had brought, and that there were no real frogs in his room hopping around or that he was dreaming. He was just hysterically insisting, "YES, ICH HABE ES GESEHEN! DA IST EIN FROG IN MEIN ZIMMER MAMA!!!! NO I NOT DREAM MAMA!!!" (I saw it! There is a frog in my room Mama!!!) So, I looked all around his room with him, and there was only this fake frog under his bed, but no real ones of course. He was so scared so finally I took him to our room to sleep. And then he slept fine the rest of the night. But it was so funny, in spite that he was scared... Funny boy.


In Bible time there was the story of Ananias, and how he lied and God killed him. I read it and then looked at Martin and he was a tiny bit teary-eyed. He said to me "Mama, I say many lies. I want not dead sein." I told him, when he lies he should tell God he is sorry and God will hear him, and help him not to lie. I asked him if he wanted to pray and tell God sorry for lying. He said "YES" and asked me to help him pray. Then he was so happy and smiling because he had told God sorry. THE BIBLE IN PICTURES FOR LITTLE EYES by Kenneth Taylor (grew up on this - it is, in my opinion, one of the best children's Bible Story Books in English out there)

I painted Olivia's room a nice cheery yellow. Various accents are shades of pink. When I was finished I asked her, "Olivia, do you like your room?" She said, "JAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!" (Yes!)

We are looking forward to a big weekend of family (German side) coming in - and of course to Christian getting back. AND we are SUPER excited because we will be able to see Christian's worksite for the first time! (Usually "outsiders" are not allowed in). BUT, they are having a big family day/ open house and all the family can come. I'm looking forward to FINALLY seeing where my sweetheart spends most of his life! :)

OK, lots to do, and I can hear Martin upstairs loudly singing in his room. It's almost 10 PM and he should already be sweetly dreaming, so I need to settle him down a little...

Pictures coming for sure after the weekend.

Well, OK. Two from last week. We met our friends at McDonalds last week. The kids had a ball playing, and I got pictures while Martin was enjoying talking to Baby Amos. Cute cute cute!


No comments: