We are FINALLY able to do this again. Since Olivia's birth (even while I was pregnant with her) we haven't taken family bike rides. But now Martin is able to ride the Laufrad (bike without pedals) that Olivia got for her birthday, so we are able to ride as a family again!
Today we rode to the neighboring village to see a herd of sheep that have been grazing there the last week. (They usually graze elsewhere.) Then we rode by the cow farm in our village, and headed back home.

Martin Quotes:
Yesterday:
I told him to do something, and he was explaining to me very reasonably why he didn't want to obey.
Martin: "But Mama, I want to do what I want to do."
Me: Yes Martin. I understand. But what does God tell you when what you want to do is different then what Mama or Papa tell you to do?
Martin: Obey Mama and Papa
Me: That's right. So what are you going to do now, obey? Or do what you want to do?
Martin: (Pause. Thinking.) But Mama, I want to do what I want to do.
Me: Martin (warning tone)
Martin: Yes Mama. I obey.
Did my heart good.
Today:
History: I grew up being taught to say "yes, ma'am/ sir" or "no, ma'am/ sir" to adults when asked or told to do something. Well, in Germany, there isn't really an equivalent. So we've been trying to teach our children (in both languages) to say "yes Mama/ Papa " etc. Well, somewhere (possibly during our trip to the USA in May) Martin heard the responses "yes ma'am/ sir". So he tries to incorporate that from time to time, although he has a hard time remembering how it goes. So today I told him to do something and his response:
"Yes, lady"
Grin
But I've also gotten "Yes, man" quite a few times, so I guess this is a step up. :)
1 comment:
Ha--can't wait for him to say "Yes, Lady" to me!!!
Post a Comment