Monday, October 22, 2012

This and that. Here and there.

We've had wonderful times with missionary friends from the USA, gotten over a stomach bug, enjoyed family visiting, and celebrated a birthday (my sweetheart) in the last 1.5 weeks... That's to name a few. We have a few more "biggies" coming up in the next two weeks - some of which we are very much looking forward to and some of which we are not so much looking forward to.

The part we are not so much looking forward to is this week. I'd really be thankful for prayers for Olivia. She'll be having a surgery on her elbow to correct a problem at the end of this week. I'm not purposefully vague - we're not completely clear on it all ourselves, but we noticed awhile back that she was limited in the usage of her right arm, and after some xrays and drs. visits it does indeed have to be corrected surgically. I'll have an appointment in the middle of this week with the surgeon and will find out exactly what the procedure is, how long it will take to heal, whether or not physical therapy is needed, etc. But I am DREADING this. We know it is right, but that won't make it any more enjoyable.

So... I have not been taking pictures much at all the last weeks, but Mr. Martin Alexander has. So, here are my few and 2 of his (out of very many - love seeing his perspective in the things he chooses to take pictures of).

We visited Christian's Oma in the home she is living in this month.


We met with our friends for a morning of play at an indoor playplace. They even offered a craft time for the little ones. So neat.



Martin cuddling with Jack, our Papa dog.


The next two are Martin's: 1. Me and the baby (turned sideways) 2. Christian on his birthday



2 comments:

Germany said...

Birthday celebrations in Germany don't appear festive?

Unknown said...

Love you all - praying for wisdom about O. I read your most recent post too. Am praying for your Mommy's heart and for your sweet little lady too, of course. Wish I could hug you today! {Hug!} That will have to do. We'll keep praying. <3