Martin PRAYED FOR SNOW. We've seen snowflakes a couple of times, but last weekend we got a nice little dusting of snow. Enough for a snow man. And then a blanket of snow - enough to go sledding. That's 2 happy little children. Although for Olivia it is enough to just see it, play in it a minute or two, and eat a little of it. Then she's ready to go inside. (That's my girl). Not so Martin. He lasts hours out there. Brrrrr. No thank you. But I'm happy for him, and thankful to God, that his prayer was answered. And also thankful that he has a great Papa who takes the time and effort to play with him out there so that I don't have to. :) Hee hee.
It might look pitiful, but it's a snowman. It lasted about 2 minutes, because Honey (the dog) had declared war. But in Martin's words "Mama, quick take a picture. Honey will make it kaputt and I will be sad. But if you take a picture then I will not be sad."
And one last craft we did was fireman handprints. We did these another day with Olivia.
So then Martin wanted firemen figures to go with his handprints. So while I was otherwise occupied (um, napping) Christian and he got industrious. I am so impressed with what Christian did with him that I just HAVE to upload part of it. Christian drew a bunch of these little guys on the back of a cereal box. Then they cut them out together and glued them together. I was seriously wowed. He just up and drew that - a whole bunch of them with different features. I'm the person going online to find ideas (or better yet, detailed instructions) for making stuff like this. And he just up and draws it. (Jealous). So if you click on it to view it full size, right click on it, and save it to your computer you can print out a bunch too. Martin just loves these little guys.
OK, last but not least: (I know, I should spread these out for every day this week, but I'm just going to overload here.) We've been reviewing some of the passages we learned together in Bible time. Benefits: it reinforces the verses with big bro. (and Papa and Mama), PLUS Olivia is learning them this time around! So, here's a video of both of them saying their Armor of God passage. They were a little star-struck with saying them for the camera, but I was just happy Olivia did them at all. She's got a hate-thing going on with the camera right now. I have pictures to prove it. :)


1 comment:
Watched this quite a few times, already! Love it. --Have to giggle a bit throughout, but, boy, does it bring back memories--especially the wiggles!
Post a Comment