Thursday, January 12, 2012

Our Christmas...

I'm putting all of our German celebrating here under the "Christmas" label, even though they weren't all necessarily on Christmas weekend.

First off, Christmas in kindergarten. Martin was Santa Claus in the children's program. 



Then we headed to Stendal to spend Christmas with Opa and Oma. They are so so sweet to us. The children adore them.



We celebrated New Year's with our cousins from Aschara. They came to see us for the weekend. We even did fireworks!






Alex and I are sewing her a patchwork quilt together. I am so proud of her. She's doing a FABULOUS job, sewing like a little professional.


Andreas got a new bike for Christmas. Hee hee. Joking.



Then we had an amazing time with our American cousins from Nürnberg the next weekend. The kids played and played and played. (OK, fine. So the parents played too...) Now we have papers laying all over the house with "Martin loves Caleb" written on them. (So happy he still uses words like "love" for special people. Hope he never grows out of that.)









The English Christmas song the kids learned - "Jingle Bells". Deep, I know. But they love it. They both sing it over and over. Still. On Jan. 12. But hey, I pulled out the Christmas music at the beginning of November this year, so I guess we're even.

And the German Christmas song for this year was "O du fröhliche". I really love this song. "O du fröliche, o du selige, gnadenbringende Weihnachtszeit! Welt ging verloren, Christ ist geboren: Freue, freue dich, Christenheit!"
Rough translation: O you joyful. O you blessed. Grace-bringing Christmas time. World is lost. Christ is born. Be happy, be happy Christendom.

So, I just pulled down all of the Christmas deco. today and decided it was about time for a blog post. I have kind of a bad relationship with the blog right now. Feelings of resentment, neglect, etc. So, until me and the blog work through these feelings you'll have to put up with ridiculously long posts and silences in between. Tja.



3 comments:

Grandpa said...

We believe that if attention is given to maintenance and reliability of the blog everything will improve. Thinking novel is...the right approach.

Grandma said...

Noticed Martin got TWO years out of his reindeer shirt! Super! Also loved the matching stuff with Caleb and Lucy that Aunt Gina sent!

Mom said...

Got any video clips of these same scenes--maybe through drop box--or will your connection support that?