Almost every night after supper Martin challenges his Papa to somewhat of the equivalent of an arm-wrestling match. Granted: Martin uses both arms, and Christian only one... But the point is that sometimes Christian wins, and sometimes he's really sweet and Martin wins. Martin has as a result become quite health conscious. He turns down lots of sweets, and eats extra portions of really healthy things so that he will become stronger. Today after kindergarten his first words were: "Mama, I need to eat some spinach today. A lot of spinach." (Thank you Popeye). I was amused and told him that I thought that could be arranged for supper. He went on to explain that he and his friend from kindergarten "haben gekämpt" (fought) - but it was friendly fighting to see who was stronger. His friend (who happens to be a year older, and quite a solid little fellow) evidently won. Martin's words: "Ich verstehe es nicht Mama. Manchmal gewinne ich gegen PAPA. Aber gegen Michel habe ich verloren. Ich verstehe es nicht" (I don't understand it Mama. Sometimes I win against PAPA! But against Michel I lost. I don't understand it.)
Yeah... Sorry kiddo. Sometimes you can succeed with Papa's in something that just never quite seems to work with anyone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment