Friday, January 18, 2013

Pretty pretty Princess

Olivia's Secret Santa was Aunt Felicity. When Felicity and her sister were little girls their daddy used to play this game with them, and they have really special memories. So Felicity knew that our little princess-fanatic would love it. She was right. Fittingly, Olivia won the first round of the game. :) We've had to make quite an effort to make sure that the parts to this game do not get lost - as Olivia wants to wear them 24/7. Hahaha :)




Felicity's daddy is right now in the hospital enduring the last stage of cancer. Our family is praying every day for them and so sad because he will be so missed. I mentioned this on Facebook, but Martin has been asking lots of questions about heaven. His eyes shone when I told him about the streets of gold, and no more getting sick, and the beautiful houses Jesus is getting ready for us, and the big throne Jesus is sitting on. He said "I can't wait to go there!" So we are really sorrowing with the family, tears every day. But describing heaven to Martin made me feel just a little of that sting of sorrow lessened.

Felicity and Richard just had their baby Alex (my first nephew!) on December 28th, and we're just so thankful that Felicity's daddy was there for the birth. Precious memories being made.



Felicity's daddy recording Berenstain Bears for Alex to listen to when he gets older. This really got me when I saw it on Richard's Facebook this morning.





No comments: