Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The day Christian said "yes"

So, we were laying in bed peacefully sleeping 2 nights ago when we were both abruptly awakened by scratching and pittering/ pattering of little feet above us. And it wasn't our children. This was coming from the ceiling of our bedroom, and it continued for the next 1.5 hours. Mice anyone? We finally got our blankets and moved down to the living room couches for the rest of the night - because neither of us was anywhere near falling back asleep. Now the background is that both Christian and I have quite an unreasonable dislike fear of mice. And my dear husband has also resisted any attempts at getting a cat. (Which I can somewhat understand - I mean, we DO have two dogs...) But mice are mice. And the best solution to this little problem is quite obviously a cat. So the next day (yesterday) I scoured the internet and he drove to a neighboring city to pick up our new house cat. Watch out mice. Your days are numbered. We're still all getting used to each other, but the kids are pretty tickled. And I'm looking forward to a mice-free home. :)

His name is Lady. Don't ask. We didn't name him. Martin was completely befuddled as to why a boy would be named lady. Try explaining that one to a 5 yr. old. But Lady he is. But he will also be "her" to the kids (and me). There's just something too weird about calling: "Hey lady, lady, lady. Come here boy." Hahahaha.


1 comment:

Vicki King said...

Keep the spelling but change the pronunciation . . . here boy, here laddie :)