Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lots of random

Martin (out of the clear blue): Mama, when I have a birthday I want to have a cake with lions and tigers, and a zebra with his head down like this. (Demonstration of a zebra with its head down).

My project last week was to repaint the room we have been using for our church room. It will probably be turned into a living room at some point in the next year, and if so I will update pictures with it "finished".





Then I took a lot of pictures of our backyard (behind the house) and our garden (beside the house). These are mostly for my mom who has never seen our house out from under TONS of snow. 

Looking at the backyard from the terrace.


Looking at the part of the yard directly behind the house (just planted this grass - used to look like this.)

Back of the house and garage


The red barn is our neighbor's. The little shed is the dog's home sweet home.


Out in the garden by our house. Olivia is sitting in front of the fruit trees we planted last year.


Fruit Trees again.


Heading away from our backyard. Yes, I realize that those are lots of weeds. We do what we get to. :) To the left are rasberries, and to the right are currant bushes.


Long row of potatoes


Everything with sticks coming out of it is tomato. Our land ends at the row of trees on the left, and just before the horses straight ahead.


The part closest is my little scraggly flower garden. Still learning how to do this. The part behind it are the strawberries.


Little campfire spot Christian just put in at the corner behind the flowers and strawberries.


Future tree fort for Martin - courtesy of the boy who used to live here. :)


Another shot of the garden/ meadow. We keep it mowed - future soccer field for the kids... :) Or maybe build a house for Christian's parents here. Who knows.


 The back of our barn and side of our house. And the beans.


Papa is home from work!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love love love these sweet glimpses into your lives, Becca. Thank you for sharing - LOVE YOU! <3

Mom/Grandma said...

All so very lovely---I know this represents lots and lots of work--especially the landscaping and gardening by Christian and Karl-Heinz--great job by all. And of course, the children in the last pic are the loveliest yet!--truly the joy of our lives!