Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Bonnie lies over the ocean, my bonnie lies over the sea...

So, Christian is in the USA for business this week (Greensboro, Sheraton Four Points if anyone wants to visit him). Haha.
I made two mistakes.

1. I looked at the website of the hotel. It's nice people. Really nice.
2. I looked at what shopping opportunities are in the near vicinity. Um. Cruel. Walmart, AC Moore, Michaels, Joannes, and Hancocks all within a 10 minute drive.

Eating my heart out. Almost forgot to mention, they fly him business class.

SOOOO... We're practicing contentment. Which I've got to admit isn't TERRIBLY hard considering the adorable children I get to practice with. AND, we're eating marshmellow treats - one of my favorite things ever to eat, AND we're all flying FOR FREE to the US in November! (Christian's company is flying us since he has 2 more weeks of work there at the end of the year.)

Here's a picture of us practicing contentment.


Don't we look content? OK, except Olivia. She was trying to resign herself to having to be in yet ANOTHER picture. Moms. They're heartless. (Grandma, make sure to notice this very cute shirt.)

Martin quote of the day:

"Mama, why don't we have more kids?"
Me: "Um, what do you mean?"
Martin: "Why don't we have more kids?"
Very enlightening.
Me: "You mean more than just you and Olivia?"
Martin: "Yeah. Why can't we have a baby?"
Me: "Well..." long pause "I guess that's something you could pray for..."
Martin: looking imploringly up at the ceiling: "God please give us a baby."
Me: Gulp. Nothing like pressure. :)

Oh yes. And Olivia has big news too. I've been holding off on gloating about this, because sometimes I gloat too soon. BUT, the child seems to be potty trained. Except nights and naps. But she only wears panties the rest of the time, and usually tells one of us if she needs to go potty. This makes life significantly easier, to make up for the couple of weeks of double wash when she was potty training. :) No gain without some pain. I'm pretty happy. It was much less traumatic than with Martin.

1 comment:

james said...

can't believe walmart made your list of stores you miss from the u.s. you can have it.